Sunday, September 27, 2009

Farther Equals Closer

So we have moved 2 hours away from the family we have in Saskatoon. You'd think this would mean that we are farther away, but in this case it seems to be quite the opposite. I suppose it might be a case of happy people being happier in their relationships, but I think it's more than that. I think you appreciate the time you get to spend with people a lot more when you don't get to spend much with them.

A while back Becky and I had a conversation which each other and decided that we wanted to work harder at our relationship. So we started talking more, and getting together more, and then I moved. This might have knocked us back a step, but instead it seems to have pushed it forward exponentially. I suppose I am only speaking from my perspective, but I hope this feeling of closeness is mutually held.

I have spent 2 weekends with Becky and Garnet and the kids and have had such a wonderful time!!! Thank you Becky so much for your hospitality and friendship! Your kids are a blessing and I've loved this time I've had to spend with you, and with them!

We are farther from Saskatoon and some of the people we love, but we feel closer emotionally to those people, we are closer to reaching our dreams and achieving our own family unity, and we are closer to contentedness...it's a great thing to be so close!

2 comments:

  1. :)
    I have some great memories from you staying with us! You are a fun character! It is so worth it to make the effort with relationships!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is the greatest! Not time nor distance should really affect true love. We just get lazy and lack trust often. Love you MOM/Nanny

    ReplyDelete