Thursday, April 7, 2011

Confessions

My husband has MS

     I'm really sad about that!

I'm tired of MS

I'm codependent.  Didn't used to be.  But I am now.

I don't know how to keep a good mood going with a seemingly unhappy person around.

My husband seems unhappy when he's tired, feels icky, or is actually unhappy.

I am mostly selfish and mainly care when my husband is ill because of how it will affect me.

     How terrible is that?

I'm terrified about our future.

I don't know how to get over my anger about my husband's MS enough to worry about how he'll feel.

I keep praying for a break from all the crap and chaos

     So we will have some sort of positive foundation to fall onto again.

I forget how to rely on God.

I don't know how to calm myself down when I'm angry.

I expected to be better at all of this.

     I agreed to marry someone who had MS because I thought I'd be good at caring about him.

          I had no idea.

I want to be better at all of this.

Lord, in my weakness please, oh please, be my strength!

3 comments:

  1. Confessions are good. You put it out there and it isn't the big beast you thought. WOW Casey you are human!!

    That being said, my sister, I encourage you to continue to have hope. Christ will change you if you are willing and your love for your man will overcome MS and all the rest. Love endures.

    We don't know how your personal life is, how hard the problems are, but we all suffer and need to be kind and merciful to others. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are totally in our prayers. There is something supernatural, God breathed about our vows being forever, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer and it is only by relying on HIM that we can truly live our vows out. I can not begin to understand what you are going through, but do know that with Christ all things are bearable and possible. When are you guys moving? Do you need any help? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete